Nurse Next Door vs. Home Care Assistance Home Care Franchise Review
Here’s why Nurse Next Door outshines competitors in the home care industry
Experts estimate that 90% of adults over 50 prefer to age in the comfort of their own home and for this reason, the home care industry in the United States is currently valued at $84 billion. By 2050, roughly 21% of the population will be 65 or older, and most of this growth will happen between 2010 and 2030.
These statistics combined with an aging population equates to an industry that is about to blow up. As the demand for home care increases, so does the need for a company that can fulfill seniors’ emotional needs and wants in addition to their medical ones.
Since Nurse Next Door’s start in 2001 and decision to begin franchising in 2006, the company is quickly becoming recognized for its rapid growth and disruptive approach to aging. After expansion from Canada into the United States in 2012, Nurse Next Door continues to create industry firsts through its innovation and recent partnership with major health system, St. Joseph Health.
This is what sets Nurse Next Door apart from its competitors in the home care field. Below is a comprehensive comparison chart that shows how competitively Nurse Next Door stacks up next to home care franchise company, Home Care Assistance.
|Nurse Next Door||Home Care Assistance|
|Liquid Cash Requirement||$125,000||$110,000 – $160,000|
|Net-worth Requirement||n/a||$200,000 – $300,000|
|Total Investment||$106,000 – $158,700||$120,250 – $265,250|
|Franchise Fee||$47,000||$64,950 – $114,950|
|Ongoing Royalty Fee||5%||5%|
|Ad Royalty Fee||1%||n/a|
|Training at Headquarters||5 days||5 days|
|Medical and Non-Medical||Yes||No|
Sources: Nurse Next Door, Entrepreneur.com and Home Care Assistance franchise sites
Five Reasons Why Entrepreneurs Should Consider a Nurse Next Door Home Care Franchise
- 24/7 Centralized Scheduling. Our Care Services Center, a 24/7 centralized scheduling hub, was designed to alleviate administrative duties from Franchise Partners so they can focus on growing their business. We have Care Services Specialists who work throughout the day and night to handle all scheduling matters and calls from clients and caregivers. As a franchise’s business grows, the support does as well with the number of Care Services Specialists dedicated to them.
- The Brand. From our pink cars to the way we answer the phone, our brand stands out in an industry that often looks at aging as somber and depressing. Our core values of Admire People WOW Customer Experience, Find a Better Way and Passionate About Making a Difference aren’t just slogans we stick on our wall, they’re beliefs our company and staff live by. Our visuals, videos, content and social media urge people to get out and encourage elders to view themselves as they should – lively!
- Happier Aging. We believe in improving the quality of life of seniors, not just helping them with tasks. Our caregivers work with clients to identify those things they used to love to do and get them back to doing it again. From our use of bold pink imagery to images of elders celebrating aging, we stand out in an industry that is often viewed as somber and melancholy. In addition to our wide range of services, our caregivers build relationships with clients and help them identify things that bring them joy.
- Franchise Models. Nurse Next Door believes in giving you options so that’s why we offer three unique business models tailored towards organizations and entrepreneurs who want to build robust home care businesses with a heart. Our Traditional Franchise Concept, Sophisticated Investor Model and Health System Model each have unique features and require different skill sets which candidates can determine is most suited towards their needs and wants.
- Training and Support. Our extensive week of training in our Vancouver, BC office is designed to equip Franchise Partners with the resources and learnings they need to succeed. However, we believe that support is something that should be ongoing. For this reason, our business coaches are available to help you through any aspects of your launch or questions you may have. Whether you’ve just started or have been operational for several years, support is always readily available.
Learn More About Nurse Next Door
With over 130 locations across North America and growing, Nurse Next Door offers a desirable opportunity to develop a thriving business in a guaranteed market that makes a difference in people’s lives. We’d love to talk to you about our home care franchise opportunity. Fill out our form and download our free franchise report at www.nursenextdoorfranchise.com or take a look at our LinkedIn page for more information about how we make lives better every day.