Nurse Next Door vs. Visiting Angels Home Care Franchise: Review
Here’s why Nurse Next Door outshines competitors in the home care industry
The home care industry in the United States is about to explode and the statistics prove it. The industry is currently valued at $84 billion and studies show that 90% of people over 50 prefer to age in the comfort of their own home. By 2050, 21% of the population will be 65 or older, and the majority of this growth will occur between 2010 and 2030.
With the population aging at an increasing rapidly rate, the “silver tsunami” is expected to hit. As the need for home care services increases, so does the demand for a company that is able to provide personalized services that not only focus on seniors’ physical and medical needs, but their emotional ones as well.
Not long after its start in 2001, the company began franchising in 2006. After capitalizing on the Canadian market, Vancouver-based Nurse Next Door expanded into the United States in 2012. Since then, it’s become recognized as one of the fastest-growing home care companies and noticed for its disruptive approach to aging. Its recent one-of-a-kind partnership with St. Joseph Health, as well as its celebration of aging in a somber industry are just a few of the reasons it stands above the rest.
This is what sets Nurse Next Door apart from its competitors in the home care field. Below is a comprehensive comparison chart that shows how competitively Nurse Next Door stacks up next to home care franchise company, Visiting Angels.
|Nurse Next Door||Visiting Angels|
|Liquid Cash Requirement||$125,000||$40,000 – $50,000|
|Total Investment||$106,000 – $158,700||$63,750 – $104,500|
|Franchise Fee||$47,000||$37,950 – $61,950|
|Ongoing Royalty Fee||5%||2% – 3.5%|
|Ad Royalty Fee||1%||1.5% – 2.5%|
|Training at Headquarters||5 days||5.5 days|
|Medical and Non-Medical||Yes||No|
Sources: Nurse Next Door, Entrepreneur.com and Visiting Angels franchise sites
Five Reasons Why Entrepreneurs Should Consider a Nurse Next Door Home Care Franchise
- 24/7 Centralized Scheduling. Administration, in the form of scheduling requests and calls, is one of the most common causes of burnout in the home care industry. Our proven 24/7 Care Services Center is designed to handle all of these tasks so you have the time and energy to focus on growing your business. From client, client contact and caregiver requests, you’ll be guaranteed a Care Services Specialist who will focus on your client’s schedules and calls. As your business grows, so does the support you receive with the number of Care Services Specialists dedicated to you.
- The Brand. Nurse Next Door’s approach to aging reflects a unique and fun culture that our staff, all the way from our leadership team to our caregivers, live by. Admire People, WOW Customer Experience, Find a Better Way and Passionate About Making a Difference are core values that guide our actions. Compared to the somber and melancholy blue that’s often used as a synonym to health care, our imagery and use of bold pink grabs people’s attention and encourages them to celebrate life!
- Happier Aging. Our Happier Aging philosophy, a truly unique experience dedicated to getting clients back to doing what they love, is always at the forefront of our care. It’s about caring, not just health care as caregivers work with clients to identify those things that bring them happiness in addition to providing the care they need. In an industry that is often task-oriented, this is a refreshing take on home care and quality of life. Whether it’s light housekeeping or end-of-life care, Happier Aging is always our focus.
- Franchise Models. When it comes to running your own business, we offer three unique models to fit your entrepreneurial desires and investment levels. Our Traditional Franchise Concept, Sophisticated Investor Model and Health System Model each provides its own benefits. Geared towards entrepreneurs and organizations who want to build scalable, robust home care businesses while making an impact in their community, Nurse Next Door’s franchise models are tailored towards candidates’ experiences and preferences.
- Training and Support. We believe that training should be ongoing and that’s why our business coaches support you past Training Week. While you’re in our HeartQuarters office for a full week of training, you’ll learn everything from sales, our brand, the Care Services Center and more. It’s a lot of information to take in but our business coaches will be available to guide you along the way even after your week of training. Whether you’re just starting out, expanding your territory or needing a bit of help in a specific area, we’re just a call away.
Learn More About Nurse Next Door
With over 130 locations across North America and growing, Nurse Next Door offers a desirable opportunity to develop a thriving business in a guaranteed market that makes a difference in people’s lives. We’d love to talk to you about our home care franchise opportunity. Fill out our form and download our free franchise report at www.nursenextdoorfranchise.com or take a look at our LinkedIn page for more information about how we make lives better every day.