Nurse Next Door vs. Synergy Home Care Franchise: Review
Here’s why Nurse Next Door outshines competitors in the home care industry
By 2050, it’s estimated that approximately 21% of the population will be 65 or older, with the growth already occurring and continuing until 2030. The home care industry is lucrative and experts have assessed it to be valued at $84 billion as 90% of adults over the age of 50 prefer to stay in the comfort of their own home.
These statistics, along with an aging population, equate to an industry that is about to explode. With an abundance of home care companies, people are looking for service that is able to fulfill their physical, as well as emotional, needs and wants.
Founded in 2001, Vancouver-based Nurse Next Door was created with the goal of providing quality home care services that go above and beyond. In 2006, the company began franchising and has since emerged as one of North America’s most innovative and fastest-growing home care companies. After capitalizing on the Canadian market, Nurse Next Door began its expansion into the United States in 2012. Since then, it’s been making headlines for its approach to celebrating aging in an often somber industry and its recent one-of-a-kind partnership with major health system, St. Joseph, which secured 26 franchises in the Southern California area.
This is what sets Nurse Next Door apart from its competitors in the home care field. Below is a comprehensive comparison chart that shows how competitively Nurse Next Door stacks up next to home care franchise company, Synergy.
|Nurse Next Door||Synergy|
|Liquid Cash Requirement||$125,000||$50,000|
|Total Investment||$106,000 – $158,700||$59,175 – $148,400|
|Ongoing Royalty Fee||5%||5%|
|Ad Royalty Fee||1%||2%|
|Training at Headquarters||5 days||1 week|
|Medical and Non-Medical||Yes||No|
Sources: Nurse Next Door, Entrepreneur.com and Synergy franchise sites
Five Reasons Why Entrepreneurs Should Consider a Nurse Next Door Home Care Franchise
- 24/7 Centralized Scheduling. Our Care Services Center, a centralized scheduling center, handles all scheduling matters and calls to alleviate administrative tasks from Franchise Partners so they can focus on growing their business. With a goal to answer all calls under 30 seconds and to fill visits 14 days ahead, there will always be a Care Services Specialist working on a franchise’s schedule to ensure the highest level of care is being provided to clients and caregivers. As the size of your business grows, so does support with the number of Care Services Specialists dedicated to you.
- The Brand. When you hear Nurse Next Door, you automatically think of pink, images of elders celebrating aging and our culture. Admire People, WOW Customer Experience, Find a Better Way and Passionate About Making a Difference aren’t just phrases that hang on our wall, they’re core values the company and its employees live by inside and outside of work. Our visuals, content and social media show seniors how they see themselves – lively! This approach reflects Nurse Next Door’s unique and vibrant stance on aging and helps engage target markets.
- Happier Aging. Home care is an industry that is often stereotyped as being somber and frankly, depressing. At Nurse Next Door, we’re passionate about getting clients back to doing the things that bring them happiness. Our services aren’t just task-oriented as we believe it’s about caring, not just health care. For instance, we had a client who was an avid golfer but due to his physical state, he was unable to go to golf courses anymore. One of our caregivers found out about this, and designed an indoor golf course in his home for him!
- Franchise Models. We don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach to franchising and that’s why we offer three unique business models. These models are geared towards entrepreneurs and organizations looking to build scalable, robust home care businesses that will make an impact in their community. Our Traditional Franchise Concept, Sophisticated Investor Model and Health System Model vary from number of franchise units, minimum investments and qualification skills so you can determine what is best suited for you.
- Training and Support. Before you begin, we offer an extensive week of training in our Vancouver, BC office where we cover topics such as the brand to the Care Services Center. However, we believe that training is ongoing and that’s why we have business coaches who are just one phone call away. Whether it’s a Franchise Partner starting out or a Franchise Partner that has been operational over five years, the team is here to help
Learn More About Nurse Next Door
With over 130 locations across North America and growing, Nurse Next Door offers a desirable opportunity to develop a thriving business in a guaranteed market that makes a difference in people’s lives. We’d love to talk to you about our home health care business opportunity. Fill out our form and download our free franchise report at www.nursenextdoorfranchise.com or take a look at our LinkedIn page for more information about how we make lives better every day.